Summer Food Drive Through August 28
Many of our neighbors in Vickery Meadow have experienced lost jobs or reduced work schedules due to COVID-19 and we have an opportunity to care for them this Summer. We are collecting non-perishable food items to stock the shelves for Tasby Middle School’s food pantry which serves up to 60 families each week. In June, we were grateful when more than 7,000 items were collected at a Northwest Bible Church Food Drive for Refugees. Northwest Community Center will continue to be a drop-off point for food donations throughout the Summer.
Items can be dropped off in the designated space within the NCC lobby between 9am–5pm Monday through August 28.
Needed items include:
- Canned goods with pop-tops (soup, ravioli, fruit, vegetables)
- Canned or pouched tuna/chicken
- Rice (long grain preferred; e.g. Jasmine or Basmati)
- Dry beans
- Peanut Butter
- Boxes of cereal (hot and cold)
- Boxed Mac N Cheese (single serving cups & family size)
- Kid-friendly snacks (Nutrigrain/Granola Bars/Fruit Snacks/etc.)
- Juice Boxes